What's New? - Updated 4th October 2017
The usual pattern of services is:
9.15 am: Holy Communion, St Margaret's, Brookfield
10.45 am: Holy Communion, St Peter & St Paul's, Stainton
6.00pm: Holy Communion, St Peter's, Hilton (*)
(*) On the first Sunday of the month it will be Evensong at 6.00pm and
on the third Sunday the service will be Morning Praise at 9.30am
--- * ---
On Thursdays in Brookfield Church Room; and
on Tuesdays in Stainton Parish Room
there will be a weekly "Drop-In".
All will be welcome to come to one or both "Drop-Ins" any time between 2.00pm and 4.00pm for a cup of tea or coffee, a biscuit and a chat (no charge).
--- * ---
Added: Hilton Filling Station 2nd birthday photo
Added: South African Link Diocese prayer diary for October 2017
Added: Diocesan Prayer Diary for October 2017 (see bottom of this page)
Added: MU Wave of Prayer diary for October 2017
Added: September 2017 edition of The Messenger magazine
Stainton Church Hilton Church Brookfield Church
Welcome to the web-site of the Church of England in
Stainton, Thornton, Maltby, Hilton and Brookfield.
St Peter's Church, Hilton, St Peter & St Paul's Church, Stainton, and St Margaret's Church, Brookfield, are all dedicated:
- to being a visible Christian presence within the communities they serve,
- to holding those communities before God in prayer,
- making real and valued contributions to addressing issues,
- offering pastoral care, and support, and
- providing places and patterns of worship to help people from all walks of life to draw closer to God and worship Him.
The Stainton and Hilton Churches have a rich and long heritage of service:
- St Peter's dating back to the 12th Century in the present building;
- St Peter and St Paul's having a foundation which probably dates back to the 7th Century.
Brookfield Church was originally a "daughter church" within Stainton Parish:
- St Margaret's became a Parish in its own right in 1988.
We hope that you can find the information you are looking for about our Churches, but if not, please do contact us
Vicar: Reverend Vivienne Hatton